Hello! I’m Eric Chambers, the Research Director for the Center of Positive Sexuality. At the Center, we recognize that current research is vital for effective education, training, and policy development on matters of sexuality. In support of our mission to address social issues through sex positive research and education, we have a thriving Research Division comprising research affiliates from numerous backgrounds and fields, all doing research in positive sexuality. Furthermore, we work to empower and support scholars at all levels of education and research experience with research funding, internship opportunities, and research support.
I hope you’ll take a moment to read more about our terrific Research Affiliates and learn about their work.
Interested in joining as a research affiliate?
The Research Division is actively recruiting research affiliates who conduct sex-positive research. We are proud to support our research affiliates in multiple ways:
- We publish sex positive research in our peer-reviewed Journal of Positive Sexuality.
- In 2019, articles in the Journal were viewed/downloaded over 35,000 times worldwide.
- We promote the sex positive publications of our Affiliates, both from the Journal of Positive Sexuality as well as other publications.
- We provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in sex positive research through our internship program. Each year we select motivated interns and match them to affiliates based on interests, skills, and other measures of compatibility.
- We create collaborations between researchers interested in conducting sex positive research.
- We provide limited funding opportunities to support research needs.
- We enable Institutional Review Board (IRB) research protocol review, through a collaboration with CARAS.
- We use current research data to support our educational programs.
- For new research affiliates, a record of sex-positive research publications (or other work) is preferred, but not required; we are also excited to support new scholars to the field who demonstrate interest in positive sexuality.
- In return for the support offered by the Center, affiliates are asked to use the Center for Positive Sexuality as an institutional affiliation on publications.
- We also ask that affiliates submit at least one article every two years to the Journal of Positive Sexuality during the course of their affiliation with us.
- Finally, we ask that affiliates attend our biannual conference, SexPosCon, if they are able.
For more information about becoming an affiliate, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in financially contributing to our research projects, please email email@example.com for more information.