The Institute for Sexual Health: Women’s Sexual Health Program
Women’s Sexuality Monthly Workshop Series
ISH will host a workshop series for women ages 18 and up covering issues around body image, sexuality, love and relationships, sexual concerns, and empowerment. The workshops will focus on helping inform women on issues that we face in our lives, and to empower women to stay healthy in every way.
The workshops are an interactive and informative place for women to get together and increase awareness about topics in women’s sexuality.
The first workshop will be held on
Saturday, August 13, 2011 from 12 – 4pm at
The Institute for Sexual Health on:
“Body Image and Female Sexuality”
Women are invited to participate in a one-of-a-kind workshop experience. We will gather to explore issues around body image and the impact on our sexuality. The workshop includes a multi-media presentation, a forum for sharing experiences, discussions on questions that emerge, challenging who we are in a safe and nurturing environment, and information on a variety of topics including:
- Introduction to issues around body image – what is a negative body image? How might that affect my sexuality as a woman?
- My relationship with my body – participants will partake in an art activity exploring feelings around their bodies.
- Body image visualization – a group visualization experience that allows participants to invoke feelings around body image and hold in their awareness goals to guide them in working towards a more positive and empowered vision of self and body.
- Presentation on the impact of media on body image and sexuality followed by a group discussion.
- Body Talk – tool building around awareness of negative body talk and how to transform these messages.
- The relationship between sexual satisfaction and body image.
- Body respect – learning how to nurture our physical selves and feel more empowered.
To register, call Marina at (310) 286-1300 or email email@example.com.
Cost per workshop is $75.00.
REGISTER EARLY, AS SPACE IS LIMITED.
Workshops will be co-facilitated by Dr. Shannon Chavez, Psy.D. and Jennifer Haddad, MTP.
Please forward to any women that might be interested. It will be a great event! Thanks everyone.